Hello friends! It’s almost Valentine’s Day, isn’t it? Yes, the day for amor is a few days away, and I’ve got an AWESOME recipe, courtesy of Jacqueline and Danielle, to share with you today. They made this meal last week for the two of them to share, and I’m proud to say they are each other’s BAE’s forever! BAE means “before anything else”, in case you were wondering. You should definitely make it for your special person or special people, whatever the case may be. This is the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner, it’s easy AND delish, so come along with me if you will and I’ll share with you now!
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Grated Parmesan for sprinkling
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
Garlic butter white wine pasta with fresh herbs
- 1 box of gluten free angel hair pasta
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh herbs like tarragon, parsley, basil etc (if you don’t have fresh herbs use 2 teaspoons each of dried herbs de province and Italian herb seasoning)
- 1/2 small onion diced (or 2 shallots)
- 4-8 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup good white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat two tablespoons EVOO in a large pan, and add the onions (or shallots) cook for two minutes and then add the pepper flakes and garlic, and cook for a minute. Add the wine and chicken broth, cook on medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
As meals go, this one is pretty healthy, all things considered. The chicken has lots of protein, the spinach is full of iron and other minerals, the ricotta has healthy fats, as does the EVOO, the pasta is gluten free, and all the herbs are loaded with phytochemicals and antioxidants. It’s a tad more indulgent calorie wise than I normally would post, however it’s Valentine’s Day so you should indulge on days like that.
And that’s it, cooking with Jac and Dan part 3 is finito! Enjoy your delicious meal and your sweetie pie on this day of hearts and love. Love and yummy food will help you live a life of vitality- with Valerie!